Top 6 B2B Marketing Trends to Stay Ahead of in 2023
Although the core marketing B2B principles still apply in 2023, technologies, behaviors, and expectations are changing the game.
Here are our top B2B marketing trends to focus on this year and tips on how to incorporate these trends into your marketing strategy for growth.
1. Omnichannel Strategy
Omnichannel marketing is where promotion takes place across multiple devices, channels, and platforms. It guarantees that customers are provided with the right information at the right time.
According to McKinsey, 94% of decision-makers view B2B omnichannel as more effective than pre-Covid methods. Why? It provides a better customer experience.
An omnichannel marketing strategy is a powerful and repeatable approach for growth!
Begin by identifying the right mix of core components:
- Identify the right number of channels- B2B customers use over 10 channels to connect with sellers. Aside from time, money, and people, you need to consider other factors to identify the correct number of marketing channels for your business.
- Choose the appropriate sequence, frequency, and timing- For example, think through starting with ads or direct messages, how often you will send emails to your customers, and the length of your entire email.
- Deliver the right message to the right channels- Communicate with your customers in their language, when they want it, and through their preferred mode of communication.
2. Voice Search
50% of B2B voice searches come from mobile. This is why it's essential to optimize mobile websites to get noticed by search engines.
Voice search will continue to rise in the future and that will directly impact the way buyers search for information about businesses. To get ahead of this trend you need to optimize your website for voice search.
3. Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence (AI) marketing uses technology to collect data and make decisions based on behaviors. AI helps achieve business goals, and at the same time creates a better customer experience.
AI is also helpful for optimization and strategic planning. 28% of marketers use AI for product recommendations, while 26% use it for campaigns.
This year will see more marketers incorporate AI into their marketing strategy to:
- Better understand customer data and develop more targeted marketing campaigns
- Automate content creation, such as blog posts and videos
- Create highly personalized campaigns to tailor messages based on personal information
4. User-generated Content
User-generated content (UGC) is brand-specific content created by employees or customers. UGC includes testimonials, videos, reviews, and case studies. UGC has gained significant traction for the B2B audience in recent years.
Not only is user-generated content viewed as more authentic than company-generated, but it can greatly influence purchase decisions. In fact, according to Nielson research, 93% of consumers trust peer recommendations above any other form of advertising.
You can get started with UGC today, by creating a social media post showcasing one of your Google reviews. Don’t have any Google reviews? Kindly, ask a customer to review your business to get the momentum going.
5. Influencer Marketing
With influencer marketing, businesses source subject matter experts who promote their products and services through social media. Influencers have a large and trusted social following.
Influencer marketing just makes sense for B2B. Buyers trust messages more from like mined individuals than businesses. With influencer marketing you can reach new audiences, social proof your brand, generate leads, and ultimately grow your business.
This year the influencer marketing industry is expected to pass $22 billion in revenue.
If you’ve decided influencer marketing is right for your brand get started by following these steps:
- Set your story- Your brand story should be authentic, resonate with your audience, and be easily communicated across all channels.
- Research and connect with influencers- These individuals should be known or acknowledged in your industry.
- Measure the results- Some key metrics to consider include website traffic, social media engagement, and lead generation.
6. Video Marketing
Video marketing is by far one of the fastest-growing marketing trends because today’s audience is demanding video content as a quick way to get information about products and services. Video content not only converts more customers but also has tremendous benefits from improving brand awareness and building trust.
Streaming videos account for 82% of total internet traffic. What’s more, 20% of people will read the text on a page, but 80% of people will watch a video. This trend is a no-brainer, videos get directly the point and are more engaging than other sources.
Take your video strategy to the next level this year by creating new compelling video types including:
- SEO optimized videos
- Instagram story reels
- Live videos
- User-generated video content
If you have any questions about how to incorporate these B2B marketing trends into your marketing strategy, please reach out.