Top 5 Content Marketing Trends to Try in 2022
Content marketing is considered one of the best ways to connect with potential customers. With a strong content marketing strategy, you can increase web traffic, engage with your audience, generate ROI, and so much more. But, keeping up with content marketing trends that are constantly evolving can be a challenge. Why?
The way marketers share information with potential customers is constantly evolving to meet audiences where it’s convenient for them. To get the most from your content marketing strategy it’s important to stay ahead of the evolving content marketing trends.
Here are the most popular content marketing trends to try in 2022 and beyond.
Over the last few years, the digital landscape has gone through many changes fueled by the COVID-19 pandemic. These changes put a digital-first approach at the forefront of content marketing. As shocking as it sounds, only 8% of B2B companies rated their digital-first sales and marketing efforts as excellent in 2021.
Here are some tips for creating a digital-first content strategy:
- Focus on your website- Your website is the first place where prospects, customers, and investors will meet your brand, so it should include relevant content, easy navigation, and an eye-pleasing design.
- Run multi-channel campaigns- Create insightful content to be posted on your website and social media accounts for SEO purposes, nurturing and communicating with your leads
- Use marketing automation - Platforms like Hubspot and Pardot expanded their capabilities beyond email marketing and into automating social media posts, ABM marketing and even integrating with ad campaigns.
Interactive content is a great way to encourage engagement from your audience. According to Hubspot, 45% of B2B buyers say interactive content is one of their top three preferred content types, and interactive content gets 2X more engagement than static content.
Some benefits of interactive content for B2B companies include increased engagement, more captured data, and greater customer loyalty.
What are some types of interactive content that you can try ASAP?
- Interactive e-books- Add elements to your e-books like links, audio narration, and videos for your readers to engage with.
- Quizzes- Try adding a short quiz to your website to help your audience reach the next step in their buyer’s journey.
- Calculators- Use a calculator to help customers understand the benefits of your product or service.
- Interactive infographics- A clickable infographic can deliver more in-depth information in the way your audience wants it.
B2B personalization is a more customized approach to reaching out to a target audience. According to a report by Econsultancy, 80% of companies see a significant increase in sales after implementing a personalization strategy across their B2B marketing and sales efforts.
Marketing personalization builds trust, accelerates the buyer's journey, and increases engagement across marketing channels.
How can you use personalization in your content strategy?
- Optimize your website- Learn your visitor's digital footprint, segment your audience, create relevant content, and measure the results.
- Use email to your advantage- Personalize everything, including subject lines.
- Tap in social media- Paying attention to your audience will enable you to create social media content that resonates with them.
Hi there 👋- we are all human, so let’s be human! The most successful content should be empathetic, memorable, and relatable. Human-centered marketing is not as complicated as it sounds, there are many ways you can start creating human-centered content immediately.
Human-centered marketing tips to start immediately:
- Showcase your company's team members and leaders.
- Use simple language vs using corporate jargon or technical language.
- Change your tone of voice to be real, empathic, and personal.
- Be honest and transparent on subjects like collecting customer data.
According to Bluetone, 92% of marketers say videos are an essential part of their marketing strategy. And Hubspot points out that 35% of marketers will use video for the first time in 2022.
Not only do videos improve brand awareness, but they can convert more customers, drive engagement, and build audience trust.
So, if you haven’t jumped on the video bandwagon, what are you waiting for?
Here’s how to get started with video marketing:
- Define your goals- Identify the video goals you would like to achieve.
- Choose the right channels and video from- Meet your audience on the channels they prefer from YouTube to LinkedIn with short-form or long-form videos.
- Start creating videos- Depending on your goals you can create videos from showcasing a client testimonial or explaining a unique product feature.
- Use KPIs to measure video effectiveness: All marketing strategies need to be measured to ensure goals are being met and that’s no different for videos.
To chat more about these content marketing trends, reach out today.