Why You Should Prioritize Content in Your Marketing Strategy
Over the years content marketing has slowly been making its way into the digital marketing landscape. Today content marketing is a behemoth and is considered one of the strongest digital marketing solutions today. It’s used by businesses to increase traffic, engage with audiences, and generate ROI. Content marketing is a great way of reaching out to customers and pulling them towards your product/service.
It can be a convenient way of addressing a customer’s pain points and help educate them on what you offer, helping you build trust and loyalty. But is it really that important? In this article, we’ll explore why content marketing should be a priority in your marketing campaigns as well as give you a few easy ways of creating content.
Attract New Customers
Content marketing is the best way to attract new customers and improve lead conversion rates. However, it's also a great way to build trust with your audience and establish brand awareness. Content marketing can help you earn the trust of your ideal customer by providing them with valuable information that solves their problems or answers their questions.
With the emergence of social media and other platforms, content marketing has become an important part of any business. By creating engaging content like videos, online events (such as webinars), or articles and blogs you can vastly improve your brand awareness.
This can also be the perfect avenue for showing your audience that they can trust you. Through content marketing, you’ll be able to share information, build rapport, and engage with customers. By showing them that you’re confident in your product or service through your content, people will be more likely to recommend you to others.
Boost Your SEO Rankings
If you want your customers and prospects to remember who you are and what you do, then it's critical that they see your brand name consistently throughout the internet landscape. And while it's possible that this can happen organically as a result of excellent marketing, chances are it will take some time and hard work on your part before that happens organically.
However, content marketing can vastly improve your SEO and drive more traffic to your website through keyword optimization. By creating content using keywords that are relevant to your buyers you’ll increase the likelihood of appearing higher in search engines.
By prioritizing content marketing in your SEO strategy, you’ll be able to gain more traction and higher SEO rankings through valuable keywords. Rather than over-optimizing your existing content, which can negatively affect your search rankings, content marketing can add value to your website.
Lastly, new or freshly published content has a higher likelihood of getting indexed faster and contributes to improving your rank. Essentially, you can improve your SEO by creating regular and engaging content with valuable keywords.
Showcase Your Expertise
Today the market is filled with competitors and customers are a lot savvier when it comes to finding a brand they can trust, especially online. Customers are less inclined to just buy from the “best” instead they’re more likely to buy from a brand they trust and you can do that through content marketing.
With content marketing, there are many ways for you to establish yourself as an authority in your industry. You have more control over what type of content reaches people when it comes from a website versus another source such as social media or email newsletters. With content marketing, you’ll be able to explain any topic that needs further explanation, especially on your website. You can also add relevant videos, articles, or blog posts with additional detail that can help answer any of their questions.
Content marketing can be the best avenue for you to demonstrate your expertise in your field and showcase your unique selling points. You can provide customers with the sufficient knowledge they need to make an informed decision as well as build trust in your product/service.
How to Create Content Now?
While there are plenty of different strategies for content marketing the most important aspect of creating content is understanding the fundamentals of your business and the content.
- Define your content marketing goals: Understanding your goal early on will help guide important decisions as you develop your content marketing strategy. What content are you making? Where are you going to distribute content? Whether it's blogs, articles, videos, or social media posts, understanding and defining your content marketing goals is vital.
- Understand your audience: Once you have a clear idea of your goals the next step is to understand who you’re making the content for. Do research on your demographic, understand what they like, what content they respond to, and what questions they are asking. By properly marketing to your niche audience, you’ll form loyalty and trust around your product/service.
- Know your voice and persona: Storytelling and branding work hand-in-hand. Having a fully understood voice and persona can help you stay consistent in communication, branding, and content. Having a defined persona and voice can help drive the narrative of your brand and help your audience empathize with your content. This established identity can become the cornerstone and the foundation of future content-making decisions.
- Regularly update your Content: As established before, algorithms love newly published content, so having a healthy stream of content can vastly improve your SEO. However, making content is easier said than done. A good way of keeping the content train going is by keeping track of your customers. What kind of feedback are you getting? What questions do they have for you? What updates can you give them? Etc.
- Keyword research: Ranking high on Google searches can be tough considering the amount of competition every business has, which is why keyword research is important. Keep track of what keywords competitors use, use valuable and relevant keywords, and apply them to your content. By properly researching and applying keywords to your content you’ll be able to improve the value of your content and improve your SEO.
If you want to chat more about your current content strategy or need help getting started, reach out to us.